Cowin runs 4.59 in testing – update 2

This article brought to you by:

Andrew Cowin has showed the Cowin Family Racing team will be a force to be reckoned with this season in Top Fuel, carding a 4.59 pass in testing at Willowbank.

The pass was even more remarkable given it was shut off at 1000 feet.

According to Andrew’s Twitter page, the first lap was a .855 to 60 feet and 2.18 to 330 feet, while the second saw the excellent quarter mile time.

Update: Cowin continued with testing today (18 August) at Willowbank with a best of 4.83 at only 243 MPH.

Update 2: Word has come through today that Andrew Cowin has impacted the wall at around 300ft, while not a serious impact for Andrew, the chassis is believed to be damaged significantly.

Cowin made the following comments via Twitter.

“Just had my first crash 🙁 it shook then i pedaled the gas and she got away from me and tagged the wall.”

“We’re loading up now and gonna get back to the shop & get our other hot rod ready for the Sydney test session.”

Drag News Australia has access to this exclusive photo of the team’s Top Fuel dragster thanks to Cowin Family Racing and photographer Dave Reid.

Copyright Drag News Australia

NB: Would you like your vehicle featured on Drag News Australia? We are always looking for future feature stories, news items, racing stories, sneak peeks and rumours of any race vehicle, if you have something to share please contact us to help us become your main source of Australian drag racing news and information.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine