Mark Allan Racing kicks off 25 years

This article brought to you by:

MarkAllan AMD 2235 080617 04

2018 marks the 25th year of racing for Mark Allan in a career that started all the way in back in 1993 as a 9 year old boy racing Junior Dragster.

“Things have changed quite a bit since 1993, my very first pass in a Junior Dragster netted a 33 second elapsed time over the quarter mile,” said Allan.

Fast forward 25 years, the fire is burning, and the hunger is still there more than ever.

“My dad has been by my side for nearly every pass I have ever taken down the track, I’d love to hand him the (QDRC) championship trophy at the end of this year,” he said.

The team are only focussing on the Queensland Drag Racing Championship this year, with Mark working on camera for the 400 Thunder Pro Series TV show and live stream.

“The only negative from getting to work on the TV show and live stream, is that it doesn’t leave me enough time to race the dragster at those sportsman rounds,” he said.

MarkAllan 2235 041116 01

With the opening round of the Queensland Drag Racing Championships playing out this weekend just gone, the team were able to win two from three rounds of racing and take home a nice bag of points to start the season.

The Queensland Drag Racing Championships run under a round robin format instead of the traditional elimination style.

The event also marked a new partnership for the team with Harrington Race Autos jumping on board as a new sponsor.

“We went into the third round of racing with two wins under our belt, knowing to get to the final we needed to be closest to our dial in, but a tiny break out put an end to that. It would have been nice to give our partners KPM Performance Engines and Harrington Race Autos a dream start to the year.”

The focus for the team now turns to the 24th of March and the next round of the Queensland Drag Racing Championships at Willowbank Raceway.

“We will be back out there doing it all again in March. I’m still finding new ways to lose after 25 years,” laughed Allan.

You can follow the team and supporters on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/markallanracing
www.facebook.com/kpmperformance
www.facebook.com/harringtonraceautos

27982774 10157160634473327 3281679490768343585 o

*Do you have team news you want to share with the drag racing world? Drop us an email at press@dragnews.com.au

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine