Greenough leads the way in mod bike as 1/8 mile series heads to grand final

This article brought to you by:

After three rounds of racing across South Queensland the Grand Finale for the inaugural Nitro Magazine South Queensland Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series will come to Gladstone’s Benaraby Raceway this Saturday the 25th of September.

Gladstone drag racer Ken Greenough and his Harley Davidson Destroyer are leading the way in the H D Bitz Modified Bike category courtesy of his round three win at Willowbank Raceway, and will be one of more than 100 racers expected to hit the track next weekend.

The 39 year old Boiler Maker of Boyne Island couldn’t be happier with his position in the series as it heads to its conclusion this weekend.

Ken Greenough in action
“I really love this racing, racing the eighth mile is really exciting and just much fun as you get running the quarter mile, while giving us some relaxed racing – everyone is in it to have fun,” said Greenough, who is sponsored by Agnes-Water Crane Hire, BAM Racing and Southern Cross Backpackers.

“It is a real great Series to be involved in and I am loving it so far, and to be leading is a pretty good position to be in as well, especially as we are heading to the final at my own home track!

“Hopefully that will give me a bit of an advantage, I was chasing the leaders up until the last round saw me take the win and get the edge so hopefully having the home track knowledge will help me take the title home.”

The Grand Finale comes after three rounds of racing, starting at Warwick Dragway back in March, followed by round two at Roma in May and Willowbank’s round three in July. The Grand Final will be hosted by each track on a rotational basis year by year.

Special Winner and Runner-Up trophies will be available for each bracket at each round, with the Grand Finals to see a special Winner trophy plus $750 prize money awarded to the highest point scorer of each bracket, and a special Runner-Up trophy and $250 go to the second highest point scorer of each bracket.

Currently leading the series title points are Peter Duffy (Andrews Affordable Mowing Classic), Laurie Fitzgerald (R D Williams Excavator Parts Modified), Jakim Wong (Cosmic Enterprises Junior Dragster), Ken Greenough (H D Bitz Modified Bike), Scott Sorrensen (Allstar Batteries Super Sedan) and Lyn Stewart (John William Auto Sales Super Street).

For more information on the Nitro Street and Strip Magazine South Queensland Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series, including details on how to enter and race rules, please visit www.willowbankraceway.com.au

NITRO STREET AND STRIP SOUTH QUEENSLAND EIGHTH MILE DRAG RACING SERIES DATES:

ROUND 1. WARWICK DRAGWAY 13th MARCH 2010
ROUND 2. IRONBARK RACEWAY 15th MAY 2010
ROUND 3. WILLOWBANK RACEWAY 3rd JULY 2010 GRAND FINAL. BENARABY DRAGWAY 25th SEPTEMBER 2010

Photo|Blacktrack.com.au

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine