Shane Tucker takes on Virginia Nationals for first time

This article brought to you by:

Shane Tucker photo by MRebilas

Shane Tucker and the Auzmet/StructGlass Chevrolet Camaro Pro Stock team are ready to get back on the track. For the first time the young Australian will be competing at the Virginia NHRA Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park.

The event was added back onto the NHRA schedule lasy season after a decade hiatus. The new venue is on that Tucker is looking forward to adding to his resume.

“It is always exciting to go to a new track,” said Tucker. “I have heard a lot of good things about Virginia Motorsports Park. We are going to be ready and I know Rob (crew chief Rob Tucker) has been working on getting everything squared away for a successful weekend.” 

It has been five weeks since Tucker raced down a quarter-mile drag strip but the delay may not have been as hard for him as some of his Pro Stock competitors. For the last five seasons Tucker has been a successful part-time racer while he built up his primary business, Auzmet Architectural. Long delays between races are a situation he has dealt with before. 

Drag News Magazine Subscriptions from $14.95 – click here

“I think I will be fine getting back into this Auzmet/StructGlass Chevrolet Camaro after this lay-off,” explained Tucker. “I keep my mind on racing even when I am not at the track. I was able to go back to Australia to work on a few projects and see my family. We are back now and I am ready to go. The last race in Las Vegas I flew in from Australia less than 24 hours before qualifying so this will be much more relaxing.”

This season he is stepping up to run the full NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Pro Stock schedule and his commitment to winning has never been stronger. He has invested in a motor program with Nick Ferri Racing Engines which in the past two events, the Gatornationals and the Las Vegas Four-Wide Nationals, showed significant improvement.

“I have a lot of high expectations for this season. We got off to a bumpy start at the beginning with switching over to the new motor program but now we are all set I think. The last two races the Auzmet Camaro ran great. We just need to start getting more aggressive. It will be an exciting race in Richmond for sure.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine