World’s quickest amputee on two wheels brings nitro show to Benaraby

This article brought to you by:

Nitro-burning drag racing motorcycles are set to invade Benaraby Dragway on Saturday August 3, with Benny Stevens taking on his uncle Kim Stevens for the Nitro Harley Challenge as part of the 2019 All Bike Drags.

Benny Stevens is known as the world’s quickest amputee on two wheels, with his right leg amputated from the knee down following a freestyle stunt accident in 2013. Having also conquered testicular cancer when he was 22 years old, Stevens is not afraid to ride any machine – including the outrageously fast Nitro Harleys.

Stevens said Benaraby drag racing fans can expect a fun show from the nitro-fuelled bikes.

“The Nitro Harley Challenge is something we have been working on for a while and we are focusing on bringing the thrill of these motorcycles to regional towns,” he said. “We are hoping to expand in the future with some more riders joining in. It will be an excellent day of bike racing at Benaraby Dragway. As well as watching us out on the track, we want fans to come and see us in our pit area too where we will have small parts and posters to giveaway. We will be making plenty of time to talk to fans and let them get up close and personal with the bikes.”

Nitro Harleys produce around 1000 horsepower and are capable of accelerating their riders to speeds of 350kmh in just over six seconds.

Stevens, who recently moved to North Queensland from Western Australia, said he is excited to race on the east coast for the first time. He recently updated to a new Nitro Harley with some of the latest technology from the USA. Despite having already run his quickest times yet on the bike, Stevens said the team is still at the start of their development curve.

“We have only just begun with the tuning side of things on the new bike, and being a completely different engine combination from my old engine we have been taking it conservatively so far,” he said. “When we get to Benaraby we will try and pick up where we left off and put on a show.

“Racing my uncle is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. I know that with all of his old crew back together at his side it will be a lot of fun and games. I just hope he brings his box of tissues!”

Stevens’ Fuelled Motorsport team will be doing a series of displays around Queensland before the event including at Mackay Harley Davidson (Saturday, 27 July), the Mummas Boys Chopper Show at Kuttabul Pub Mackay (Saturday night, 27 July), Rocky Harley Davidson Rockhampton (Wednesday, 31 July), Harbour City Harley Davidson Gladstone (Thursday, 1 August) and the Rocky Glen Bar and Bistro Gladstone (Thursday night, 1 August).

The racing action then begins at Benaraby Dragway from 9.30am on August 3. More details are available by searching ‘Benaraby All Bike Drags’ on Facebook.

– Fuelled Motorsport Media Release

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine