Two-time Pro Slammer champion Paul Mouhayet won’t compete next season

This article brought to you by:

Reigning 400 Thunder Pro Slammer champion Paul Mouhayet has announced he will not return to try for a third championship in the Moits Racing Ford Mustang.

Mouhayet said on Facebook that the team, who won the championship in their debut season, had achieved the ultimate success.

“To stop the rumour mill and put peoples’ minds at rest, I’d like to announce that as of now we will not be racing the next season,” he said. “During our successful two year, back-to-back championship series campaign, Team Moits did what others said was not possible. We came and we conquered. Through hard work and perseverance as the rookie team we produced some impressive record setting times, running a best of 5.585 at the pinnacle of our success, and won two championships. As a team we celebrated the highs and built from the lows and did this under brilliant leadership amongst loyal comradery. However with heavy hearts we have decided that all good things must come to an end and Team Moits have decided to end their drag racing program.

“Moits will continue to dig and excavate and I’ll still continue my association with drag racing. This year my role primarily will entail FuelTech sales and support via GAS Racing. Yes, this means I’ll be out of the drivers seat for a while, however I am still available as a driver, crew chief and tuner to any team that may be interested in any of these services. Feel free to contact me for further info in relation to any of this. Looking forward to being part of drag racing action from a different perspective!

“I’d like to thank all my supporters and the people that helped me achieve everything I have achieved, in my drag racing career. I hope to be a part of this sport for a long time. I bleed and breathe drag racing. Again thank you to everyone who has made this journey as enjoyable as it has been. I gave my heart and soul to this team for seven years. I’d like to thank my father for paying my wages for seven years to allow me to chase my dreams. My Dad will always be my best mate.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine