FIRST 200: Bray achieves radial milestone

This article brought to you by:

When the first three second radial tyre drag racing was made in Australia, targets quickly changed to the first 200mph run – but few would have predicted a driver with less than a dozen runs on a radial would be the one to make history.

Ben Bray clocked a speed of 201.19mph in the second round of Unlimited Radial at the Kenda Radial Riot on Saturday, and backed it up with a pass of 201.76mph in the thid round.

Bray is far more accustomed to slick tyres, having spent the better part of two decades competing in Pro Slammer alongside father Victor. But just over a fortnight ago, Bray decided he wanted to give radials a go on his Century Batteries Corvette.

“The last 3 days have felt like I lived someone else’s dream,” he said. “Two and a half weeks ago when I decided to have a go at putting radials on my Corvette, well wasn’t I in for the ride of a lifetime. With Dad’s permission and lots of hours from Jakson and myself, we made it to the track late Thursday night with just enough time to get a test hit on the new set up. It left and made it to the finsh line and wow, I had achieved what I went there to do – an A to B run.

“I was a very happy man at that stage but to end up running 3.95 @ 201 mph on the ninth pass was just out of this world. Believe me. I was the most surprised there. Big thanks to everyone that gave me good advice and help made the car work. I just want to thank everyone involved in the radial world, you all took me in with open arms.”

Check out the video below!

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine