Prendergast moves on from Motorplex after handover period

This article brought to you by:

photo-pref-1.jpg

Kevin Prendergast has resigned from his position as general manager of the Perth Motorplex after a 13-year tenure.

Prendergast will remain in his role until August, ensuring a smooth handover of the facility to VenuesWest following the departure of its long-time management company, the Miocevich family’s Kwinana Motorplex Pty Ltd.

Prendergast notified VenuesWest of his decision on Monday.

Following more than three-decades working at the top-end of Australian Motorsport, and 13-years in his current role, Prendergast felt the time was right to take a well-earned break.

“I’m honoured to have run Western Australia’s premier motorsport facility since 2003, and leave with a great sense of achievement,” Prendergast said.

“It has been incredibly rewarding to manage the world class facility, but after such a long career which has taken me across Australia and serving on industry boards over 30 years, I look forward to some recreational time.

“The operation of the Perth Motorplex is in great shape, and I’m proud to have played a pivotal role in the success of the venue.”

After four years as ANDRA’s Western Australian Divisional Director from 1979, Prendergast went on to lead a long and successful career as a promoter, venue manager and administrator.

In 1983, Prendergast became a major shareholder in Ravenswood Raceway with the Miocevich family, and brothers Ross and Peter Collings, before taking up the role of Motorsport Manager at Eastern Creek Raceway in 1991, where he was responsible for the re-introduction of top-level drag racing to NSW.

After a successful six-years, he was appointed Venue Manager of the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit in 1997, overseeing V8 Supercars events and the Australian rounds of MotoGP and the World Superbike Championship.

Prendergast returned to Western Australia in 2003 to become General Manager at the Perth Motorplex.

As well as his circuit management roles, Prendergast has served on an array of boards and committees including the Australian Speedway Promoters Association, Australian National Drag Racing Association, Confederation of Australian Motorsport, Motorsport Promoters of Australia and Australian Professional Drag Racing.

Prendergast will use his three-decades of experience in circuit management, motorsport safety, facility construction, sponsorship and promotion, and event development to establish a consultancy following his time off.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine