Shake, rattle, but Brennan on a roll

This article brought to you by:

An untidy first round exit at the Sydney Nitro Champs wasn’t enough to wipe the smile off the face of Iluka’s Maurice Brennan.

Maurice BrennanBrennan drove the world’s quickest Commodore to yet another personal best with a staggering 6.10 second elapsed time in qualifying for Competition.

The jaw dropping run even raised the eyebrows of onlooking Group One teams, amazed that the Crown Integrated/Joondalup Carpet Court Commodore would have qualified fourth in Top Doorslammer despite running it in AA/AP trim and a whopping three hundred pounds overweight!

“I just can’t believe this team. It was a massive commitment to bring the car and crew across the country but this makes it all worth it,” said a thrilled Brennan.

“That first round loss was completely my fault, as I only noticed my launch revs were 500 over as the amber lights were running down. It smoked the tyres instantly and I tried to pedal it but it was never going to work. “

“We made the trip east for two reasons. One because I believe we have a responsibility to race nationally when we carry a national record, but most importantly because our sponsors deserve national recognition. They have been amazing this year and continuously bettering our national record is a great way to acknowledge their partnership with us,” a very grateful Brennan said.

“The car will be transported to Willowbank, Queensland now for the Winternationals from June 8-11, but I will get there early to make a few repairs after the tyre shake we experienced in Sydney. We can’t wait to meet the fans we made two years ago in Queensland!”

You can catch the world’s quickest Commodore at Willowbank Raceway for the Castrol Edge Winternationals, with qualifying for Competition beginning on Friday, June 11 followed by day two of qualifying on Saturday and final eliminations on Sunday.

Photo by www.cacklingpipes.com

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine