Grant Hamon joins ANDRA Board

This article brought to you by:

img 7874

The Australian National Drag Racing Association is pleased to announce the appointment of Grant Hamon to the board, effective immediately.

Hamon will bring to the ANDRA board a wealth of knowledge and experience following some 35 years spent in motorsport, both as a competitor and a sports administrator.

In 2007 Hamon was a driving force behind the creation of MotorSports NT Inc. Motorsports NT is the peak motorsports body in the Northern Territory acting on behalf of its affiliated motorsport clubs and in liaising with the Northern Territory government. In August 2017 after a long tenure, Grant has stepped down from his volunteer role as President of Motorsports NT.

A brief run-down of Grants motorsport involvement includes Speedway (1980s), President of the Darwin Karting Association at Hidden Valley (1990s), President of the Northern Territory Motorsports Council, which in 2002, was the peak body for motorsport operating at Hidden Valley Raceway.

Hamon is regarded as one of the most significant and influential people in Territory motor sports, so to have him sit on the board is a huge coup for ANDRA and its members.

“I have grown to like the sport of drag racing thanks to MotorSport NT and its involvement with the successful Nitro Up North event. There is a lot of passion and a lot of great people in the sport and I believe it has a lot of potential to grow and expand.

“I recently retired from my position with MotorSport NT and had been in discussion with ANDRA over the past six months,” said Hamon. “I certainly needed to keep myself occupied (laughing), and in the end, I was more than happy to consider it and have a go.

“I have some strengths in relation to governance across 20 different affiliated clubs under MotorSports NT and how we have grown that over time. I also have knowledge of risk management and understand governance.

Hamon concluded by saying, “I’m looking forward to working closely with the ANDRA board and providing a positive contribution to drag racing and motorsport.”

Acting ANDRA Chairman Nathan Peirano added, “it’s exciting to have Grant agree to join the ANDRA Board. With his many years of experience across various types of motorsport and a long list of achievements, it can only be a positive step forward and I look forward to working with Grant.”

Image: Grant Hamon (left) with ANDRA’s Acting General Manager Brett Stevens at recent 2017 Desert Nationals

Source: ANDRA.com.au

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine