Zap smokes it up at Barbagallo Raceway

This article brought to you by:

At the invitation of the WA Sporting Car Club, the Zappia Racing Team presented the “Crusher” Procomp Motorsport HQ Monaro Top Doorslammer at Barbagallo Raceway for demonstration runs at the Supercharge HQ Nationals to the delight of the local HQ racers and fans.

“Grant from WASCC rang me wanting the HQ Monaro to do some burnouts in front of the crowd at this big event”, said Zap, “and I am always up for doing burnouts! We used to do burnouts at the Motorplex in the old Zap’s Rat HQ, and always had a ball doing that with a specially built big block chev Southside Engine Centre put together.”

“The Crusher was still in full Top Doorslammer trim from the Round 1 ANDRA Pro Series meeting in Sydney, so we left the car as it was with the 3,500 horsepower Hemi.”

Instead of the traditional warm up in the pits, Zap decided to do a lap of Barbagallo Raceway to get the big Hemi warm enough to complete some burnouts.

“It was a little hard to drive that slow, with it bucking like a bronco and spinning the slicks with a tap on the throttle. I lined up on the main straight, and dropped the clutch in second gear and it absolutely boiled the tyres instantly – so I hit top gear and it did the same.”

The Zappia Racing Crew refueled the HQ and Zap headed out for another go. “That was too much fun not to give it a second go. I was thinking of my mate Victor Bray who cruises around the Gold Coast F1 track doing burnouts – how cool would that be!” On the second go at a burnout I tried to match up my big black lines I left on the main straight, and pulled the shoots at the end for a little extra stopping power, and again thick white smoke billowed from the tyres.”

“Thanks to the WASCC for their hospitality, and for all the fans who purchased merchandise and showed good interest in the new Procomp products we had on display.”

Fans can get a real taste of the awesome power of Drag Racing when we compete at Kwinana Motorplex on the 30th October for the Grand Opening of the Perth season.

For photos and video of the event go to www.zapsrat.com.au

Naming Rights Sponsors
Procomp Motorsports

Major Sponsors
Striker Crushing and Screening, Fuchs, Force Tools Australia, Beta Spuds, Southside Engine Centre, Mickey Thompson, Noonan Race Engineering and PPG Automotive Refinish.
Supporting Sponsors
Santhuff, Victory1, B & J Racing Transmissions, Mi Camcorders, Current Trendz, Veem, Crow Cams, Aero Group – Avtrac Maintenance Tracking, Legend Boatbuilders, Taylor Tyres, Kounis Metal Industries, Bravo Resources, CIC High Performance Coatings, and Aurora Bearings.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine